Infrastructure master plans are high-level planning documents used by public works management and engineering staff for the orderly planning and expansion of the wet infrastructure.
Akel Engineering Group is an industry leader with over 60 years of consolidated staff specialty experience in the preparation of comprehensive and integrated infrastructure master plans for water and recycled water distribution, wastewater and stormwater collection, and irrigation delivery.
- Recommend projects to mitigate existing capacity deficiencies.
- Recommend capital improvement projects to support General Plan expansions and redevelopments.
- Renewal and Replacement Plan based on risk framework.
- Phased Capital Improvements Program (CIP), with construction triggers for balanced 5-year and long-term Budget Planning.
- Help develop effective long-term operation.
- Meet requirements of AB 1600 for equitable and defensible Rates and Capacity Fees.
Our approach to each master plan is always uniquely customized to the project requirements and client team preferences. As part of providing our clients with comprehensive master planning services, and depending on project requirements, our team may include renowned national consulting firms and other specialty firms. These specialty firms may address utility rates and capacity fees, water or wastewater treatment facility review and evaluations, sewer flow monitoring, field surveying, design, lift station and well condition assessment, and corrosion assessment.